Web Host Center
Web Design & Development Guide
Xaraya is a
web application framework and
content management system, written in
PHP and released as free software under the
GNU General Public License. It was originally a
fork of the
original 0.8 development branch of
Postnuke, but has been re-written from the ground up since then.
- Modular architecture.
- Widely re-usable code.
- Template-controlled presentation.
- Possibility to redesign and re-export the data structure of modules,
using the Dynamic Data Model.
- Support for different article types (such as News, Documents, Links,
Reviews, FAQ, etc.), and the possibility to easily add new article types
from the administration area.
- Modular authentication, allowing Xaraya to support authentication
methods such as LDAP, PAM. A working LDAP module is shipped by default with Xaraya, and new plugin
systems are being developed.
- An advanced permissions system.
- Built in short URL support in many modules.
- Template and output caching.
- Because of its abstract structure, Xaraya has high performance issues
and is dependent on caching for all page serving.
- There is a very steep learning curve in becoming familiar with Xaraya
due to its flexibility.
- There is little support for custom modules, although the software is
actively supported through Xaraya.com.
§ Good Partners §
Web Development CSS DHTML Domains Google Yahoo Guide.
Page created in 0.249109 Seconds